Singapore is home to a rich and diverse floral heritage, with a wide range of plants and flowers that can be found in the city-state. Some of the most notable examples of Singapore's floral heritage include:
- Orchids: Singapore is known for its orchids, which are widely cultivated and featured in many of the country's gardens and parks. The Singapore National Orchid Garden, located within the grounds of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, is home to over 60,000 orchid plants representing more than 1,000 species.
- Tembusu tree: The tembusu tree is a native species of Singapore and is considered a national symbol. The tree is known for its distinctive umbrella-shaped canopy and is often found in parks and gardens throughout the city-state.
- Frangipani: The frangipani, or plumeria, is a tropical plant that is widely cultivated in Singapore. It is known for its fragrant flowers, which are often used in perfumes and leis.
- Hibiscus: The hibiscus is another common flowering plant in Singapore, with many varieties that can be found throughout the country. The hibiscus is known for its brightly colored flowers, which come in shades of red, pink, orange, yellow, and white.
- Heliconia: Heliconias, or bird-of-paradise flowers, are native to the tropical regions of the Americas and are widely cultivated in Singapore. They are known for their large, brightly colored flowers, which are often used in decorative arrangements.
Join Scentopia, Sentosa's latest tourist attraction wonderful orchid scent crafting, fragrance tour, bridal shower or corporate team building which includes perfume making onsite and offsite, beach activities and more. We also serve primary school learning journey, secondary students and pupil on industrial excursions. Know more about our orchids perfume bar or therapeutic orchid scents and other wellness aromas. Conatct Perfume workshop or book a scent crafting session here.