Avoid Mistakes at Beach Activities in Sentosa Island
17 Jan 2023
If you are planning to engage in beach activities, here are some general tips to keep in mind to ensure your safety:
- Ignoring Beach Safety Warnings: Always pay attention to any posted warnings or advisories, such as rip current alerts, high surf warnings, or jellyfish sightings. Ignoring these warnings can be dangerous and potentially life-threatening.
- Not Using Sunscreen: Sunburns and skin damage are a common occurrence on the beach, especially during the hot summer months. Make sure to apply sunscreen with a high SPF regularly to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Swimming Alone: Swimming alone in the ocean can be extremely dangerous. Always swim with a partner or in a designated swim area with lifeguards on duty.
- Not Wearing Appropriate Footwear: Walking barefoot on the beach can expose your feet to sharp shells, broken glass, or other hazards that can cause injury. Make sure to wear appropriate footwear, such as sandals or water shoes, to protect your feet.
- Leaving Trash on the Beach: Leaving trash on the beach can harm the local environment and wildlife. Always dispose of your trash properly in designated trash bins or take it with you when you leave.