Other fragrance oils - Oriental 1, Oriental 2, Oriental 3, Oriental 4, Oriental 5, Oriental 6, Oriental 7, Oriental 8, Oriental 9, Oriental 10, Oriental 11, Oriental 12
Contains Scented Notes of following in various proportions:
Native Singaporean Orchid notes: Coelogyne Zurowetzii
Coelogyne Zurowetzii - Used in Oriental 6 (Men) for Team building Perfume workshop
Found in and around Singapore, particularly Kalimantan and Sabah Borneo in heath forests and in freshwater swamp forests at elevations of 400 to 700 meters as a small to medium sized, hot to warm growing epiphyte.
It's very close brother Coelogyne Rochussenii has been used by Singapore mint of one of the silver coins. But that doesnt have the smell that we wanted.
This is spicy, cloves, lilac and a dash of candy in it's oil.
Therapeutic Orchid notes:
Common name: Bug orchid
Flowers are small, green to deep wine-red. Tepals are joined to form a hood above the column. P-hydroxybenzyl alcohol, an aglycone of gastrodin, has been isolated from many terrestrial and mycoheterotrophic orchid species.
In rats, gastrodin and p-hydroxybenzyl alcohol facilitate memory consolidation and retrieval.
p-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol also has skin whitening effects because it inhibits tyrosinase, the enzyme that catalyses the formation of the skin pigment, melanin.
Anacamptis morio ssp. picta
Tubers are harvested in Iran for use as salep, a health drink and also considered to be super food. In Europe, Anacamptis species are protected.
Although untrue, it was once believed that salep contained the greatest amount of nourishment in the smallest bulk. To protect against famine at sea, it was proposed that salep should constitute part of a ship’s provision at all times.
Orchid tubers (not salep) are fed to weak children cut off from other supplies .
Bulbophyllum andersonii also Cirrhopetalum andersonii and Cirrhopetalum henryi Rolfe
Chinese names: Shumaojuanban Lan (comb hat roll petal orchid), Chenhongjuanban Lan (orange color roll petal orchid)
Chinese medicinal name: Yipicao
This pretty Cirrhopetalum is native to Guangxi, SW Sichuan, Guizhou and Yunnan in China, and in Vietnam, Myanmar, Sikkim and India. In China, ﬂowering period is February to October, in Sikkim, September to October. The entire plant is used for expelling wind and removing dampness, improving blood ﬂow, stopping coughs and clearing retention of food. A decoction of 6–15 g of the plant is used to treat rheu matism. For feminine weakness, the prescription calls for a soup to be prepared with 6–15 g of the herb and chicken meat or pork.
B. andersonii contains
· a unique phenanthrene derivative commonly called cirrhopetalin (7-hydroxy-4-methoxy-2,3-methylene- dioxyphenanthrene
· 2 bibenzyl derivatives- cirrhopetalidin (20,3-dihydroxy-30-methoxy- 4,5-methylenedioxybibenzyl) and cirrhopeta- linin (3,30-dihydroxy-4,5-methylenedioxybib- enzyl)
· batatasin-III (3,30-dihydroxy-5- methoxybibenzyl)
· 2 stilbenoids- cirrhopetalanthridin (4,7-dihydroxy-2,3-meth- ylenedioxy-9,10-dihydro-phenanthrene), and cirrhopetalidinin (3,20-dihydroxy-50-methoxy- 4,5-methylene-dioxybibenzyl)
· and gigantol
Chinese names: Mihuashidou Lan (small ﬂow- ered stone bean orchid), Xiaohaoshi Ganlan (small stone olive), Shimi (stone rice); Mitoushidou Lan (dense head stone bean orchid)
Medicinal name: Guoshangye (leaves on fruit); Xiaoguoshangye (small Guoshangye); Shicuanlian (rock string lotus)
Myanmar name: Thazin hmwe
Distributed China and Tibet, to Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar. In China, it ﬂowers from April to August; Myanmar, April to June; Bhutan, May to September; Nepal, April to August; and in Thailand, May to July. The flowers smell sweet and very nice.
· Fractures- Mix its powder with wine to form a glue and apply externally. Change daily.
· Pulmonary tuberculosis- Boil 30 g of this orchid + Xiao Baiji (Bletilla striata which is another orchid) 30 g, + Qi Xing Cao 15 g with red sugar and eat
· Hernia Pain- Boil Guoshangye 30 g + Jiangwei Cao 3 g + Xiaonanmuxiang 6 g, with red sugar; and eat
· 2 ﬂavonoids
· 2 dihydrostilbenes- 3,[2-7-methoxy-benzo (d)(1,3)dioxol-5-yl)ethyl]phenol and 6-(3-hydroxy-phenethyl)benzo (d)(1,3)dioxol-4-ol
· 2 dihydrostilbenes- 5-(2-benzo[1,3]dioxole-5-ylethyl)-6-methoxy benzo[1,3]dioxole-4-ol and 5-(2-benzo [1,3] dioxole-5-ylethyl)benzo[1,3]dioxole-4,7-diol shows signiﬁcant cytotoxicity toward human cancer cell lines.
· 2 dimeric phenanthrenes, bulbophythrins A and B showed cytotoxic activity against human leukaemia cell lines K562 and HL-60, human lung adeno- carcinoma A549, human hepatoma BEL-7402 and human stomach cancer SGC-7901
· 4 glycosides- bulbophyllinoside [3-hydroxyphenethyl alcohol 4-0-(60-0-beta-apiofurannosyl)-beta-D-glucopyan- oside], Syringing 3-methoxy-phenethyl alcohol 4-O-beta-D-glucopynanoside and 3, 5-dimethoxy- phenethyl alcohol 4-O-alpha-D-glucopynanoside
Several of these compounds possessed anti tumour activity.
Other scent note
Scentopia Library Reference ingredient
Oregano - Check details at Scentopia's scent library
Join Scentopia's wonderful orchid scent crafting, fragrance tour, bridal shower or corporate team building which includes perfume making onsite and offsite, beach activities and more. We also serve primary school learning journey, secondary students and pupil on industrial excursions. Know more about our orchids perfume bar or therapeutic orchid scents and other wellness aromas. Conatct Perfume workshop or book a scent crafting session here.