Contains Scented Notes of following in various proportions:
Native Singaporean Orchid notes: Stanhopea Pulla
Stanhopea Pulla - Used in Fresh 1 (Men) for Team building Perfume workshop
With most Stanhopea flowers lasting three days or less, the flowers must attract pollinators very quickly. The male euglossine bees are known to be important pollinators of Stanhopea flowers, collecting fragrances at these flowers over their lifetime and storing them in their hind tibia. Bees in the Euglossini tribe, including Eulaema meriana, are known to pollinate these flowers supposedly because the orchids can deceptively mimic the form of a female and her sex pheromone.
Other main characteristics are that they have delicate fragrance like lemon-lime candy, cool minty, citrus. They are tight at touch and feel like plastic. Most Stanhopea, particularly tricornis have benzyl acetate. It's the same chemical naturally found in Jasmin.
Therapeutic Orchid notes:
Also Bulbophyllum nilgherrense Wight; Cirrhopetalum neilgherrense (Wight) Wight,; B. rosemarianum
Leaf and pseudobulb extracts of B. sterile inhibited the growth of ﬁve strains of bacteria, namely Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus pumilus, Pseudomonas aeroginosa. Tubers of this orchid are eaten for good health by the Valmikis tribe of India.
Chinese names: Mihuashidou Lan (small ﬂow- ered stone bean orchid), Xiaohaoshi Ganlan (small stone olive), Shimi (stone rice); Mitoushidou Lan (dense head stone bean orchid)
Medicinal name: Guoshangye (leaves on fruit); Xiaoguoshangye (small Guoshangye); Shicuanlian (rock string lotus)
Myanmar name: Thazin hmwe
Distributed China and Tibet, to Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar. In China, it ﬂowers from April to August; Myanmar, April to June; Bhutan, May to September; Nepal, April to August; and in Thailand, May to July. The flowers smell sweet and very nice.
· Fractures- Mix its powder with wine to form a glue and apply externally. Change daily.
· Pulmonary tuberculosis- Boil 30 g of this orchid + Xiao Baiji (Bletilla striata which is another orchid) 30 g, + Qi Xing Cao 15 g with red sugar and eat
· Hernia Pain- Boil Guoshangye 30 g + Jiangwei Cao 3 g + Xiaonanmuxiang 6 g, with red sugar; and eat
· 2 ﬂavonoids
· 2 dihydrostilbenes- 3,[2-7-methoxy-benzo (d)(1,3)dioxol-5-yl)ethyl]phenol and 6-(3-hydroxy-phenethyl)benzo (d)(1,3)dioxol-4-ol
· 2 dihydrostilbenes- 5-(2-benzo[1,3]dioxole-5-ylethyl)-6-methoxy benzo[1,3]dioxole-4-ol and 5-(2-benzo [1,3] dioxole-5-ylethyl)benzo[1,3]dioxole-4,7-diol shows signiﬁcant cytotoxicity toward human cancer cell lines.
· 2 dimeric phenanthrenes, bulbophythrins A and B showed cytotoxic activity against human leukaemia cell lines K562 and HL-60, human lung adeno- carcinoma A549, human hepatoma BEL-7402 and human stomach cancer SGC-7901
· 4 glycosides- bulbophyllinoside [3-hydroxyphenethyl alcohol 4-0-(60-0-beta-apiofurannosyl)-beta-D-glucopyan- oside], Syringing 3-methoxy-phenethyl alcohol 4-O-beta-D-glucopynanoside and 3, 5-dimethoxy- phenethyl alcohol 4-O-alpha-D-glucopynanoside
Several of these compounds possessed anti tumour activity.
Ipsea speciosa Lindl.
Common name: Daffodil orchid
Sinhalese names: Kiri Walla Kada; Naga-maru Ala (tuber causing the sister’s death)
Herbal Usage: Tubers are sought after by sorcerers for making charms and love potions and by village quacks and medicine-men for use as an aphrodisiac.
The species is already rare, and may be rendered extinct through overcollection. It is said to have aphrodisiac properties. The popular Singhalese name Naga-maru Ala translates as “the tuber that caused a sister’s death”.
Platanthera minor (Miq.) Rchb. f.
Chinese names: Dayizhijian (big arrow), Luanchunfendie Lan (soft lipped, pink butterﬂy orchid), Xiaoshechun Lan (small tongue lip orchid), Guanyinzhun (Guanyin bamboo),
Chinese medicinal name: Zhuliaoshen
It ﬂowers in early summer and is found in China, Korea and Japan.
Herbal Usage: In CTM, it is supposed to enlivens yin elements, beneﬁts the lungs, improves air currents and promotes salivation. It is used to treat weak bodies, mental weakness, nocturnal emission, discharges and infants with hernia.
It helps to strengthen kidney and lungs, relieves asthmatic coughs, kidney weakness and lower backache, dizziness, people recuperating from long illness and nocturnal emission. For decoction, 15–60 g of the plant is used.
Other scent note
Bergamot, lemon, silver fir, geranium, woods & musk
Scentopia Library Reference ingredient
Cardamom - Sir Raffles Collection - Check details at Scentopia's scent library
Join Scentopia's wonderful orchid scent crafting, fragrance tour, bridal shower or corporate team building which includes perfume making onsite and offsite, beach activities and more. We also serve primary school learning journey, secondary students and pupil on industrial excursions. Know more about our orchids perfume bar or therapeutic orchid scents and other wellness aromas. Conatct Perfume workshop or book a scent crafting session here.